Account Executive, Classified Advertising
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
The Key Account Executive II will spend their time consulting with an assigned Gannett newspaper market, meeting face-to-face and over the phone with our largest, most-valued clients and prospects. The Key Account Executive II will be responsible for conducting needs analysis conversations to develop robust account strategies within the Metro 20 markets. The person in this role will create and present customized solutions, to include Real Match and other Gannett-owned recruitment advertising products to ensure both short-term and long-term success for the client and Gannett.
We are dedicated to helping our clients grow based on their unique needs. When they win, we win!
As a Marketing Solutions, Key Account Executive, you will:
- Develop, maintain and utilize professional selling skills that include effective prospecting, needs analysis, preparing and making presentations, timely follow-up, handling objections and closing sales
- Set and conduct face-to-face and phone appointments with prospective clients within the Metro 20 markets to close annual employment solutions
- Identify individual customer needs, communicating the benefits of our recruiting solutions, and closing sales of solutions based on those needs
- Work through objections to costs and budgets from customers
- Analyze market needs, develop account strategies and convey to chief responsible personnel
- Identify and grow existing book of business, market share, and revenue in the assigned market by securing high-value, long-term commitments from clients
- Follow established contract customer lifecycle process, meeting all milestones and customer contact expectations
- Utilize available resources such as Wanted, Nexus, and Salesforce to identify sales opportunities, monitor accounts and serve as an expert to all clients
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge to offer a professional service to clients
- Ensure high customer satisfaction from our key clients and prospects
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals using a high volume of quality calls, coupled with using DESC resources and technology to influence decision makers in organizations.
What you bring to the table:
- Previous employment online sales experience or employment newspaper advertising experience
- 3 - 5 years of outside sales and business development experience
- Highly organized and disciplined self-starter able to work remotely, independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent listening, negotiating and presentation skills
- Exhibit self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Maintain a professional selling appearance and attitude at all times using positive and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the drive to exceed expectations and outperform peers
- PC and Internet proficiency including MS Office and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience
- Understanding of digital media platform
- Knowledge of Real Match solutions and products
- Ability to analyze customer needs and present solutions
- Ability to learn and understand account base, related industries and market trends
- Familiar with CRM and Salesforce.com
We offer competitive compensation with uncapped incentives and world class benefits, including comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, matching 401(K), Paid Time Off and more.
This is an opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Indianapolis, IN, USA