Administrative Assistant I
Jackson, MS, USA Req #10214
Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Manage multiple calendars, including conference room reservations.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, and business travel for the regional president, while supporting all administrative needs.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway” support the team.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns for the team.
- Works closely and effectively with the Leader to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects.
- Gather, maintain and process expense reports and invoices.
- Develop, maintain and distribute documents to track and maintain alignment within the organization as needed.
- Build positive working relationships with team members, other departments, and clients.
- Maintain department supply inventory.
- Support a regional team.
- College preferred, or an equivalent in training and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience managing multiple Outlook calendars.
- 2 years of administrative support/project management experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment, and be a self-starter.
- Must take initiative and employ excellent problem-solving skills with little direction.
- Experience with Travel Arrangements and meeting set-up.
- Experience working with c level executives.
- Ability to work with a cross functional team.
- Experience working with a team that is (geographically dispersed).
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jackson, MS, USA