Editor – Deals
Editor – Deals
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a passionate, experienced, data-driven professional to join us as a full-time Deals Editor. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team whose content informs millions of readers each month.
Our mission is to help people make smart decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience with enjoyable and genuinely useful stories about deals on beloved products, all informed by our strong ethical values.
You’ll be responsible for running a small team focused on the production of a seven-days-a-week deals content calendar. You’ll work closely with senior editors and the business development team to build a strategy that maximizes ecommerce revenue. This position requires editorial experience, as well as an innate understanding of how consumers research products and hunt for bargains.
Management experience is a plus, but this is also a good opportunity for someone looking for their first management role.
Candidates who can start early AM hours or work a schedule that includes one or both weekend days are a plus.
This position is within the editorial team, which holds itself to journalistic and ethical standards. The ideal candidate can thrive in an editorial environment while maintaining a passionate focus on performance.
The Deals Editor reports to the Editor in Chief. There are direct reports under this position, with plans to potentially expand.
The role is based in our main office in Cambridge, MA, but remote employees will be considered.
- Drive a growth-oriented daily deals content schedule across Reviewed.com, the USA TODAY Network, and other distribution partners.
- Manage a small team to create consistently excellent deals content.
- Analyze data to make smarter decisions about what products to feature.
- Write and publish your own daily content.
- Help lead team-wide commerce strategy on tentpole events like Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience showing demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Passion for bargain-hunting.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- First-rate SEO expertise.
- People-management experience
- Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics experience is a plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Content Management
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA