Business Development Associate
Business Development Associate
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for a Business Development Associate to manage business development and partnership sales for Reviewed.com, focusing on the affiliate and licensing business.
This role will grow revenue from direct sales and profit of USAT e-commerce business, through direct relationships with brands and merchants.
You will serve as a key team member helping build one of the most loved and useful destinations for product recommendations and reviews.
Our preference is for candidates in Boston or New York City.
- Lead, source, manage and close licensing deals.
- Drive new revenue from affiliate partnerships and build audience and affiliate strategies for Reviewed.com & USA TODAY NETWORK.
- Develop tailored sales operations and growth strategies to monetize and increase new sources of revenue for the company; based on industry trends, sales data, search opportunities, and audience insights.
- Research, vet, onboard, and launch licensing partnerships that contribute to USA TODAY and Reviewed.com e-commerce portfolio, by ensuring that they can increase revenue and/or affiliate sales.
- Pitch and sell new licensing franchises, including awards programs, pull-quotes, badges, shows, series, and product placements.
- Work directly with brands, merchants, retailers and more to implement new licensing opportunities, and help drive increased promotion and awareness of Reviewed across the existing portfolio.
Business Development and Sales:
- Grow strategic licensing deals with all brands across all relevant categories (Tech, Lifestyle, Home & Appliances, Finance, Parenting, Cooking, Health & Wellness, DTC.)
- Manage daily outreach and sales efforts + monitoring of goals and sales objectives.
- Launch, monitor, track all partnerships and optimize + upsell existing relationships.
- Research and scope any new potential expansion areas or categories by building business cases and financial models to assess opportunities.
- Network and engage with others in the licensing and affiliate marketing space in order to stay on top of market developments.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training.
- 2+ years in a quota carrying sales role.
- Cold calling and new business development experience.
- Meeting revenue goals.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Business Development
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Manhattan, New York, NY, USA