Audience Development Director
Audience Development Director
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a passionate, experienced, data-driven professional to join us as a full-time Director of Audience Development.
Our mission is to help people make smart decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own.
You’ll help fulfill that mission by pursuing audience growth and connecting them with our content. You’ll optimize existing content partnerships and forge new ones, working alongside the editorial, business development, and product teams to drive qualified audiences that maximize ecommerce revenue.
You’ll interpret and leverage the data of the analytics and SEM team to execute a growth-oriented distribution strategy across social, email, SEO, and partners within USA TODAY Network. You’ll need a great eye for what works with readers, then be able to distill and report back the data to the senior editors.
This position is within the editorial team, which holds itself to the highest journalistic and ethical standards. The ideal candidate can thrive in an editorial environment while maintaining a passionate focus on performance, especially ecommerce metrics.
The Director of Audience Development reports to the Editor in Chief. There are multiple direct reports under this position.
The role is based in our main office in Cambridge, MA. Remote employees may be considered, but our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
- Drive Reviewed’s content distribution growth strategy across the USA TODAY Network, social, email, and other partners.
- Analyze data to make smarter decisions about where to find qualified, in-market audiences.
- Interpret data and share insights with editorial staff that drive more high-performance content.
- Oversee a social media strategy that showcases our brand and drives meaningful reader engagement.
- Foster existing partnerships and establish new ones that distribute our content out to new audiences.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience showing demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, rapid-turnaround content.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Innate understanding of how to engage consumers with social media to drive decision-making.
- People management experience.
- Fluency in Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Audience Analytics
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA