Editor - Emerging Categories
Editor – Emerging Categories
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an experienced editor to join us as a full-time Editor for Emerging Categories.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, creative, and fast editor with strong organizational skills. You’ll be leading a rapidly growing focus area and responsible for shaping daily content that helps people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to write and edit content that will be shared across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own.
This position contributes to the day-to-day operations of Reviewed’s Emerging Categories team. You will have the opportunity to write your own stories, but you will mostly be responsible for editing, updating, and commissioning stories in the Emerging Categories space, among other duties.
This Editor role reports directly to the Executive Editor for Growth. Remote employees will be considered, but our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
- Edit roundups, features, lists, and other stories within the Emerging Categories and Lifestyle teams.
- Update existing Emerging Categories and Lifestyle content on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate with the TBRN team to schedule frequency and priority of updates to existing content.
- Identify and commission work from freelance writers.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience showing demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to journalistic ethics.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Adobe Analytics experience is a plus.
- Newsletter editing experience is a plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
For candidates in the Boston/Cambridge area, the majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. If remote, you’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Editors
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA