Product Test Technician
Product Test Technician
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Product Test Technician to help us run the best editorial test labs in the country. Our mission is to help people buy the right products and enjoy the stuff they already own. We believe thorough, scientific testing is the best way to get that information, and you can help.
This is a hands-on job. Dishwashers get wet. Fridges get cold. Vacuums get dirty. You must love getting into the minutiae of products. You must also be able to lift over 50 pounds, as well as bend, stretch, and remain on your feet for extended periods of time.
While you’ll have the opportunity to work across many different kinds of products, this role is focused primarily on home appliances. Understanding the needs of a homeowner and having an eye for design are both valued traits.
You’re process-oriented and you love spreadsheets. You’re technically minded and driven to figure out how stuff works. You have strong communication skills and can explain complicated information in easy-to-understand terms.
This position reports to the Head Scientist and is part of the product testing team. You’ll work closely with the editorial team to help them to write reviews and other content.
This is a full-time position in our Cambridge, MA office and labs.
- Test large appliances according to strict in-house standards.
- Provide editorial staff members with summaries of product testing results to inform the writing of product reviews.
- Move and install large appliances around the lab.
- Assist Testing Team members with various tasks in the product test lab.
- Photograph products or testing process.
- Occasionally write articles for publication on our website.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required; some college preferred.
- A passion for learning how things work and helping consumers.
- A willingness to learn new skills and problem-solve when issues arise.
- The strength to lift 50 pounds, as well as to bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to speak on camera and share your testing and product experiences through video or social media.
- Solid writing skills.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in a test lab, with several smaller labs for various product categories. Your desk space is in an open, shared area. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack. Occasional travel may be required to meet with other teams in the USA TODAY Network and to cover news and events.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family News
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Cambridge, MA, USA