Senior Editor, Home
Senior Editor - Home
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an eager and talented writer to join us as a full-time Senior Editor, covering the latest in the world of appliances and home goods.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to test out the most promising new products and share your recommendations across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy, and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires editorial experience and a fondness for to Home products like appliances, kitchen and cooking tools, home decor, and design. Bonus points for previous experience covering those areas. Must have experience managing an editorial workflow from ideation to publication, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work well with others.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to appliance reviews. You’ll lead a team of talented, like-minded product nerds obsessed with ovens, refrigerators, washers and dryers, dishwashers, and everything else you need in a modern home.
The Senior Editor for Home role reports to the Managing Editor of Core Content, part of the Reviewed Home Team, and will have two direct reports. Work is done in our editorial offices and (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA. Our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
- Manage the assignment, scheduling, tracking, editing, and related day-to-day operations of our Home Appliances vertical.
- Produce quick-turnaround stories on a variety of topics.
- Oversee the publication of 4-5 pieces per week on Home Appliance-related topics, including product reviews, consumer education, product roundups, and how-tos.
- Work with the lab team to test and review appliances and other home goods.
- Identify and commission work from freelance writers and manage a freelance budget.
- Maintain brand relationships to stay abreast of product releases, discontinuations, and new technology.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience showing demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to journalistic ethics.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Adobe Analytics experience a plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
For candidates in the Boston/Cambridge area, the majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. If remote, you’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Editors
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA