Staff Writer - Sleep
Staff Writer - Sleep
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an eager and talented writer to join us as a full-time Staff Writer, covering the latest in the world of mattresses, pillows, and other sleep-related products.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to test out the most promising new products and share your recommendations across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires some editorial experience and a fondness for naps. We would be open to writers who only have experience with their own personal sites or school publications, as long as they demonstrate an understanding of content production and journalistic ethics.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to product reviews. You’ll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a team of talented, like-minded product nerds. The Staff Writer, Sleep will be our go-to person for testing out and reviewing sleep-related products, including mattresses, pillows, sheets, comforters, sleep technology, devices, and monitoring wearables, among other items, from our labs in Cambridge, MA. This role will also write consumer education, how-tos, and product roundups related to sleep.
The Staff Writer, Sleep role reports to the Executive Editor, Growth, part of the Reviewed Emerging Categories Team. Work is done in our editorial offices and (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
Due to the in-person testing needed for this position, candidates will need to be based in the greater Boston area and plan on working from our offices on a daily basis.
- Create content to interest and inform readers.
- Collaborate with in-house lab techs to integrate test data into product reviews and other articles.
- Support the daily editorial calendar for Reviewed’s Sleep coverage using smart, data-driven decisions.
- Help research popular products and maintain a schedule of brands’ product release schedules.
- Produce multiple product reviews per month.
- Update our existing product roundups with new testing, new trends, and the latest news, when needed.
- Produce quick-turnaround feature stories on relevant topics, when needed.
- Assist the editorial team as a whole in writing assignments and generating great story ideas.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content is a plus.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- Empathy for readers’ needs.
- Creative ability to identify and execute related features.
- Interest in product technology, and the ability to explain it.
- Experience with digital image editing software like Photoshop.
- Experience taking basic photographs to help illustrate a story.
- Understanding of the consumer search trends and shopping habits.
- Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Adobe Analytics experience and knowledge of SEO a plus.
- Fondness for naps.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
For candidates in the Boston/Cambridge area, the majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. If remote, you’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family News
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA