The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an innovative, engaged digital producer to work with us on engagement and digital innovation efforts.
A producer at the Arizona Republic works as part of our audience innovation team to engage with and produce content for our off-platform efforts. They are the eyes and ears of the newsroom to our large and state-wide audience.
They will interact with reporters and editors and engage with audiences, forming the bridge between the two groups. They are also an audience champion, distilling analytics and lessons from various platforms like newsletters and other emerging platforms. You will work with a small team to write, produce and distribute stories from our newsroom to a wider audience. You should be comfortable with flexing different skillsets and be a bit of a generalist with an interest in learning new storytelling formats.
A great producer will have an interest in distributing the driven, timely and investigative work produced by The Arizona Republic to existing and new audiences. We are looking for someone who wants to understand what is interesting to our audiences and how we can form better connections with them. An ideal candidate can write with a strong voice, and is particularly interested in working with immigrant, inclusive and Spanish-speaking communities.
- Work with teams across the newsroom to serve content using the best storytelling techniques and capitalize on a typical news consumer’s usage and news habits.
- Write, produce and publish trending news that matters to our audience.
- Create unique content that our audience can’t get anywhere else.
- Maintain and update analytics and metrics for our social channels.
- Pitch and run creative relevant engagement projects.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience with advanced storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Proven experience producing quick write-ups based on trending topics.
- Presents a quick, conversational writing style that resonates with mobile and social audiences.
- Proficiency on social media platforms; including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing industry.
- Ability to act calmly and decisively in complex breaking news situations.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Spanish-language skills, both written and spoken, are strongly preferred for this position.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 5 online samples of digital storytelling. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match!
- Job Family Copy, Production & Planning
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Phoenix, AZ, USA