News Editorial Assistant
News Editorial Assistant
The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is searching for a full-time news editorial assistant. This position serves a crucial role by being a liaison between the community and the newsroom.
The successful candidate will provide support for the newsroom, responding to readers' questions, concerns and story tips. Great customer service skills are a must, as you help customers and business callers find answers and solutions.
- Write, rewrite and assemble content such as news briefs, calendars, home sales and data listings while meeting deadlines.
- Using both Presto and Newsgate software.
- Communicating with producers, designers, editors and reporters via email and instant messenger.
- Other office and clerical duties and special projects, as assigned.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required; some college preferred.
- Previous experience required.
- Effective communicator and collaborator in person and via email; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and planning ability.
- Self-motivated, creative, flexible, willing to take initiative and be accountable.
- Meets deadlines; knows how to use time effectively.
- Shows ability to resolve customer issues independently while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic journalism skills (reporting, writing, spelling, grammar, Associated Press style) and the ability to learn the news organizations’ style.
- Ability to write clearly and cleanly, and to do effective research on a variety of general-interest topics.
- Ability to type cleanly and quickly, as well as find and correct errors in existing text.
- Ability to function under daily deadlines to produce daily and weekly publications.
- Customer service skills to communicate with the public.
- Comfort with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), willingness and ability to learn news-related software as needed.
- Excellent time-management skills and a drive to organize content.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match!
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Phoenix, AZ, USA