Fact Check reporter
USA TODAY is seeking one-year reporting fellows to join its politics team as part of a fact-check program. These fellows should have strong research and writing skills. Reporting experience is required.
As part of this program, fellows will fact check messaging by and about politicians and other public figures. Fairness and accuracy are paramount, as are strong writing, excellent news judgment and source building.
We’re looking for team players who are capable of working collaboratively with editors, other fellows and reporters throughout USA TODAY and the 260 sites in the USA TODAY Network.
Fellows will be based in Washington, in USA TODAY’s 30-person DC bureau, though we may consider remote opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or any subject in a liberal arts field from an accredited institution
- Professional reporting experience/internship
- Washington or political experience preferred
Strong research skills
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
· Your resume – one to two pages
· A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job
· Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve written, produced, or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
- Job Family News
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Washington, DC, USA