Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services/Action Printing
Fond du Lac, WI
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Bindery Supervisor is responsible for the coaching of all staff assigned to bindery operations, the efficiencies of all bindery equipment and training and motivating for top performance as well as assuring conformance to the rules and procedures established in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maintains staffing levels as well as schedules vacation and personal days based on work load (3 shifts, 5 days per week plus OT).
* Maintains only needed staff. Manages down to the lowest practical staffing level in order to control costs and motivate continuous improvement.
* Establishes and maintains employee morale and pride in the company
* Maintains and monitors departments efficiency and waste measurements
* Reviews daily shift summary reports of all employees on a daily basis. Makes necessary corrections as needed
* Insures that departments equipment is properly maintained
* Audits payroll hours weekly
* Ensures that proper personnel forms are completed accurately and on time.
* Holds regularly scheduled monthly meetings with employees
* Encourages employee involvement and solicits employee suggestions
* Disciplines employees consistently and fairly
* Responsible for the safety of each employee
* Provides a safe, clean and orderly work area
* Ensures the necessary supply of all departmental consumables is maintained
* Audits the accuracy of departmental expenses on a monthly basis.
* Maintains excellent intra-departmental coordination and insures the team work at Action Printing
* Devises methods of work simplification, process improvement and cost reductions
* Remains technically current in area of expertise and financially evaluates new systems and equipment
* Completely orients new employees
* Responsible for cross training all employees to perform a minimum of two different jobs
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Good documenting, process measuring and communication skills. Working knowledge of PC as well as spreadsheet and word processing software. Knowledge of a Print MIS system. Full understanding of the lithographic process.
* Experience in bindery department
* Experience in the offset printing process
* Knowledge of saddle stitchers, perfect binders, folders, cutters, drills and poly baggers
* Knowledge of postal list processing including; merging, purging, and CASS certifying postal addresses
* Knowledge of postal regulations
* Full understanding of printing impositions and layouts as they impact the bindery department
* Full understanding of freight procedures, terminology and regulations
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Fond du Lac, WI, USA