Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Arizona Daily Star seeks an innovative, motivated, results-focused Part-Time Distribution Specialist for our Newspaper Distribution Centers in the Tucson area. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills. This position assists the District Manager with a variety of operational responsibilities in Home Delivery. Primary responsibilities include delivery of down/open routes, familiarizing new Independent Contractors, solving customer service issues, and general distribution operations. This position promotes customer satisfaction and is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service, complaint resolution and reporting. Schedule will include varied nights, weekends and holidays. This position reports to the District Manager.
- Assists with district operations.
- Delivers newspapers to subscribers as necessary to fill in for open/down routes or redeliver missed newspapers.
- Familiarizes new Independent Contractors
- Addresses subscriber service issues with carriers.
- Assists the District Manager in handling paperwork and updating address database information including route sequencing and navigation.
- Assists product team in the distribution center as necessary.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Newspaper delivery experience. Proven excellent customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well with others and be team oriented in nature.
- This position requires the ability to routinely lift and move bundles up to 30lbs.
- Current valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and good driving history.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is top notch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match!
The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson, Arizona is the only local newspaper covering local breaking news. It has a tradition of serving the residents of Southern Arizona for over a century. As the home of the University of Arizona, Tucson also is rich in cultural diversity and a commitment to educational excellence.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tucson, AZ, USA