Community Hab. Direct Support Professional Broome
You will have the opportunity to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities as
they become further integrated into their communities. Daily, you will use your training as well
as your own knowledge and skills to support and guide people toward a healthy and safe lifestyle
of their choosing.
- Ensure ongoing health and safety for the person being supported.
- Support, train, and guide people as they socialize, make purchases, volunteer, exercise, or engage in other community-based activities of their choosing. These activities will be organized through the Person-Centered Planning process.
- Provide transportation as deemed appropriate for the day’s activities.
- Complete online documentation which meets all OPWDD regulations in a timely manner.
- Report all incidents to the Program Supervisor and agency QI Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Access to a Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Fair Computing Skills [all documentation is completed online]
- No experience necessary, although previous experience in the field of intellectual/developmental disabilities is preferred.
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be able to train in and perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention -Revised (SCIP-R), CPR and first aid
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and/or Agency Van and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Hourly
- Endicott, NY 13760, USA