Personal Care Aide
Responsible for assisting Agency’s participants with their personal care and hygiene in accordance with the Personal Services’ Care Plan and assisting participants perform activities of daily living in a safe and beneficial manner. Work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse or licensed therapist in accordance with NYSDOH Regulations.
· Oversee and maintain the wellbeing of the individuals EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC serves
· Provide participants assistance with personal care activities including bathing, mouth care, denture care, skin care, grooming, bathroom, transferring, ambulation and dressing and undressing activities. Innovated activities of daily living; independent activities of daily living
· Assist participants with housekeeping tasks including planning and preparing meals, feeding, light housekeeping, changing linens, making beds, and laundering clothes and bedding.
· Assist participants in safety needs with use of equipment (side rails, foot stools, wheelchairs, etc.)
· Follow the PCA/HHA Care Plan and Activity Sheet
· Observe the client and report any changes or questions regarding his/her condition and report any changes or questions regarding care to the Director of Home Services.
· Promote workplace safety
· Complete all Agency records and reports according to Agency policy and procedure.
· Accurately document services provided in accordance with Agency policy on the day services are rendered. Ensure documentation is legible and submitted documentation per policy
· PCA: Attend and participates in twelve (12) hours of in-service training annually: HHA: attend and participates in twelve (6) hours of in-service training annually staff meetings, Quality Improvement activities and other meetings as requested.
· High school diploma or a GED preferred but not required
· Must have a VALID driver’s license
· Successful completion of a New York State Health Department approved Personal Care Aide training program or successful completion of competency testing.
· Prefer minimum six (6) months experience as a certified nursing assistant or home health aide.
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Reliable means of transportation
· Must have and maintain a valid New York State Drivers’ License
· Ability to read and write English
· Ability to work independently and good time management
· Pass a physical examination and immunization requirements after being offered employment and a health assessment and PPD annually thereafter
· Completion of EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC Home Services Orientation Program
· Shifts are scheduled by supervisor to facilitate 7 days a week coverage (including weekends and holiday rotation)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
· Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include
· Close vision
· Ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this position, you will travel by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions; may be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings; may be exposed to high crime areas within the community; may be exposed to infectious or communicable diseases.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2 Townline Cir, Rochester, NY 14623, USA