Partner with the Director, HR, other agency leaders, and external vendors as appropriate, to develop, implement, and administer programs, policies, and procedures that are aligned with agency culture, facilitate sustainable business results, and ensure compliance with employment laws and internal policies. This position will fulfill the Self-Direction staffing needs in the Syracuse and Binghamton region.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion concerning personnel actions including but not limited to pay, benefits and employee relations matters.
- Be a role model in terms of policy compliance, workplace safety, judicious use of financial resources, and constructive working relationships with colleagues.
- Ensure effective (timely, respectful, and productive) communication between HR, Self-Direction brokers, staff and families as appropriate and other key stakeholders.
- Onboarding Self-Direction staff using HR and background check systems while updating orientation grid for all Self-Direction hires.
- Perform timely data entry of new employees, status changes, and terminations in the HRIS. Scanning and uploading files for electronic systems (eVero).
- Work closely with Self-Direction Supervisor to ensure timely completion of all required documentation into the eVero system.
- Supervise administrative support professional while ensuring office services are maintained, organized and working efficiently.
May serve on established and/or ad hoc agency committees or project teams as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience in HR or related functions.
- Knowledge and working practice of OPWDD and DOH regulations and training requirements in a human service environment preferred.
- Valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job.
- Excellent organizational skills, written and oral communication skills; must be detailed oriented, able to multitask and make decisions independently.
- Professional demeanor in dealing with others (both internal and external customers and colleagues); maintain constructive working relationships.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Complete required training within 90 days of being hired.
- Maintain current certifications with all required trainings.
- Must be receptive to feedback; willing and interested in continuous improvement and development.
- Able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to talk, hear, sit for extended periods of time, stand for limited periods of time, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms, stooping or crouching for file retrieval and access, speaking with clarity and accuracy, listening, and the ability to engage in repetitive motion activities i.e., typing.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and view computer monitor.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Ridings Rd, Syracuse, NY 13206, USA