Community Outreach Specialist
Act as a community representative for the agency, promoting agency services and providing epilepsy specific assistance and support to individuals served and living with Epilepsy.
- Respond to and assess Information & Referral calls for potential service eligibility
- Links and refers consumer to supports and services
- Oversee service delivery and reporting requirements for Central DDSO FSS contract.
- Respond to requests from community agency/organizations and attend health fairs/community fairs, providing agency information, education and awareness
- Keep up-to-date on current changes in the Epilepsy community
- Coordinate events surrounding National Epilepsy Awareness Month in November
- Participate in agency special events when possible
- Complete required documentation and reports – Quarterly contract reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- An Associate Degree in a health and human services field and one year of experience providing information, linkages, and referrals regarding community-based services for individuals with disabilities Or
- 3-5 years’ experience providing information, linkages, and referrals regarding community-based services for individuals with disabilities.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License; a vehicle is required to perform the job.
- Ability to work independently and in the community
- Must be able to talk, hear, walk, twist, bend, use hand to finger; sit for extended periods of time.
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Ability to view computer screens and use fingers for key board
- Ability to train in and perform all required trainings for this position
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ridings Rd, Syracuse, NY 13206, USA