Sr. Manager, SCADA Integration Group
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Scope of position:
Provide expert engineering direction in the design, construction, and ongoing maintenance of SCADA systems for utilities and commercial renewable power plants. Responsible for technical oversight of the development, design, implementation, testing, and operation of complex real-time automated process information and control networks. Provide advanced SCADA engineering and support for the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) and Operations Control Center (OCC) Teams in maintaining the SCADA systems for EDF Renewables owned and third-party customer renewable energy projects in Canada. Responsible for performing a myriad of very complex technical duties in the administration and maintenance of SCADA systems and their supporting networks. Will demonstrate full responsibility using professional experience in all the software and hardware aspects of utility SCADA applications, integration, security, and control, including application development, cyber security, and best application of networking practices/concepts.
85% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. Up to 15% of time is spent outside of the office, assessing existing and potential sites, working on specific projects, etc.
- Key SIG staff member responsible for technical direction or oversight of the OT’s comprehensive, integrated SCADA network systems;
- Integrate existing SCADA systems data feeds into EDF RS’ operational environment;
- Develop, execute, and optimize implementation processes and test procedures on new projects SCADA systems and telemetry;
- Communicate and ensure that vendor systems meet the SCADA and Communication systems technical requirements and that appropriate specifications document those requirements;
- Working closely with other EDF Renewables business units to review the comprehensive list of power plant monitoring points, metering/communications protocols, and hardware specifications that fulfill the needs of all key project stakeholders;
- Improves the SCADA and control systems for renewable plants through the installation, configuration, and modification of new and upgraded software and hardware for the SCADA and control systems; developing and applying new technologies to achieve higher efficiency, productivity, and customer service in work processes;
- Supporting the development and design of SCADA human-machine interface (HMI) for monitoring real-time data, acknowledging alarms and controlling set points;
- Provide technical training support to grow and develop the technical skill sets for SIG and OCC staff;
- Monitor and maintain project telemetry systems and develop more reliable system designs and interface configurations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS/BS in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering combined with work experience within the renewable energy industry. Possess knowledge of principles and practices of electrical engineering;
- Extensive (8+ years) Experience with one or many SCADA systems used in the renewable energy business (GE Wind SCADA, Visupro, VestasOnline Business, REguard, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of Industrial communication protocols (OPC, Modbus, IEC 61850/60870, DNP3, etc.);
- Knowledge in Cybersecurity and computing system protection; NERC, NIST, and other Cybersecurity standards and regulations; instrumentation and controls engineering, and networking systems;
- 10+ years of experience with wind and solar power plant control systems (PLC, RTU, PC, CDS, DCS, RTAC);
- Prior work in energy industry involving system installations and designs;
- Very quick learner with strong retention skills and an ability to synthesize information from different sources;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, especially with respect to explaining technical matters in non-technical language;
- Computer skills including Visio, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project;
- Willingness to travel though travel is anticipated to be up to approximately 15% of the work schedule;
- Ability to work independently in troubleshooting and resolving complex operational issues in a timely manner;
- Skilled at developing, implementing, and executing test plans, scripts and procedures
- Experience in software program design and development;
- Ability to effectively multitask/prioritize/react in dynamic demanding environments requiring clear-thinking processes and prompt results;
- Availability to take part in a technical support rotation and provide support services outside of normal business hours.
About the company:
EDF Renewables Canada has been designing and operating clean energy projects across the country since 2008. Headquartered in Montreal and Toronto, the company more than 100 employees strive to create high-quality energy projects by establishing long-term business relationships with people who also want to provide renewable solutions to lead transition to a sustainable energy future.
A full package of benefits for all full-time permanent employees is available, including prescription drugs, dental and vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sickness benefits, days paid holidays and retirement contributions.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada