About the Job
We are seeking a mid-level professional with 4 or more years of forestry, urban forestry, and/or arboriculture experience to join our Urban Forestry group. This position will be based in one of Dudek’s Northern California offices (Oakland, Sacramento, or Auburn) and is expected to include travel throughout the region and California for project-related tasks, as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting individual tree assessments and mapping.
- Conducting tree risk assessments.
- Evaluating vegetation, trees, and forests in both urban and undeveloped settings.
- Collecting field data utilizing field computers, tablets, and global positioning system (GPS) units.
- Processing and analyzing field-collected data.
- Conducting project-related research.
- Drafting technical reports and developing tree or vegetation management recommendations.
Education and Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry, natural resources, environmental science, or other related field.
- A minimum of four years relevant professional experience.
- Certification as an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist.
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) and/or registration as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) is highly desirable.
- Additional desired qualifications include: excellent writing skills, and experience with GIS, GPS, plant/tree identification, and arboricultural and vegetation management practices.
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to over 400 professionals in California, Hawaii, and Oregon.
As an employee owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our office environments are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakland, CA, USA