Senior International Accountant - Atlanta, GA
Norcross, GA, USA Req #1200
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Diversified is a $1B IT systems integration company that is fast growing and global! We are looking for a Senior International Accountant is a key liaison between foreign operations and the corporate finance staff. We would like person to be based out our Norcross, GA office.
What part will you play?
This person will be responsible for reviewing international subsidiaries’ monthly financial statements to ensure they are accurate in accordance with US GAAP as well as IFRS and applicable local statutory requirements. They will also coordinate with the international subsidiaries’ accounting functions to provide timely, meaningful and accurate financial information and maintain compliance with internal controls over financial reporting. Accuracy and adherence to deadlines are vital. Timely recognition and correction of errors is essential. Also, attention to details and internal controls is an important requirement. The growth and complexity of the business environment necessitate devotion to the development of new processes and procedures that may not be in existence today.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Senior International Accountant include the following:
• Responsible for reviewing all international financial reporting to ensure they are properly accounted for in accordance with US GAAP.
• Perform high level review of each subsidiary’s income statement, balance sheet, account reconciliations, and any international judgments and estimates.
• Ensure Intercompany balances are accurate, confirmed and reconciled.
• Responsible for supporting the Tax Department with respect to international information: Coordinate with subsidiary accounting team to provide information to book transfer price entries to stay within operating margin required from the applicable transfer price study; Coordinate with subsidiary accounting team to provide information for all international locations for return to accrual.
• Integrate newly acquired companies’ accounting functions into the global finance department; support the implementation of Diversified’s ERP in those operations.
• Ensure each international subsidiary has written policies and procedures including a description of the purpose of each responsibility.
• Assist external auditors in annual audits of foreign operations.
• Keep manager informed of activities and confer with him/her regarding plans, problems, and progress towards objectives.
• Keep job documentation under his/her responsibility updated and current.
• Assist department in preparation of any special projects.
• Perform other responsibilities as directed by management.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field required
• 5-10 years’ experience with GL closing activities including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, periodic accruals, and accounting for fixed assets.
• 3-5 years’ experience in international accounting and knowledge of IFRS.
• CPA with public experience is a plus.
• Broad knowledge and experience in GAAP and cost accounting concepts, including Percentage of Completion project accounting.
• Detailed focus with a strong passion for excellence; diligent at meeting deadlines; able to perform under pressure.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good people, organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general direction.
• Computer competency in the following:
o Excel (advanced spreadsheet skills required)
o MS Word
o ERP system environment such as Microsoft Dynamics or other contemporary system; experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
But wait, there’s more!
• Collaborative work environment with dynamic growth opportunities
• Committed to the career development and education of our team
• Comprehensive competitive benefits package
• #2314 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
• #2 on SCN’s Annual List of Top 50 Systems Integrators
• Internationally recognized: Digital Studio Award at CABSAT 2019 in Dubai; InAVation Award at ISE 2019 in Amsterdam
• Recognized among “Elite 150” on CRN’s 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 list
• CEO Awarded 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year in New Jersey
• Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
• 2017 Integrator of the Year
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at https://careers.diversifiedus.com or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.
- Pay Type Salary
- Norcross, GA, USA