Field Service Engineer - Remote in GA
Atlanta, GA, USA Req #1185
Monday, March 9, 2020
What part will you play?
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is responsible for providing technical support of audio-visual, as well as broadcast equipment and systems located within the following types of environments: business/corporate, government, educational, houses of worship, arenas, theaters, multipurpose rooms, control room environments, and military. Field Service resources are dispatched by Global Service Center Agents in response to service & warranty support requests, to meet Agreement SLA’s or may be embedded full time at client locations. The FSE will deliver world class service, meet & exceed Agreement SLA’s, optimize Service resources and troubleshoot & resolve issues with minimal client impact. The FSE is responsible to meet and exceed client business productivity outcomes including optimize system performance and maximize client technology up-time.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer include the following:
- Provide customers an elevated level of AV, Broadcast and UC support
- Develop an on-going customer relationship, resulting in future customer loyalty
- Complete Preventative Maintenance visits to ensure all customer rooms and systems are operating in an optimum fashion
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions, or appropriate usage
- Adjust Digital Signal Processor configuration files as needed
- Adjust and Load Control Programming Files as needed
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues)
- Report to the Global Service Center all travel (to and from) and technical activities executed in each service ticket before leaving the client site. This is to include resolution or future actions for resolution.
- Assemble reports and in-house paperwork to record customer interactions in the Global Services ticketing system
- Provide operational support for meetings and events as required
- Support and backup colleagues and team members as necessary
- Assist Field Service Supervisors (FSS) to Train, Coach, mentor and provide first line of other Field Service Technicians under the FSS’s supervision
- Provide Design recommendations to the Technical Operations Design Engineering group
- Provide backup Field Engineering installation support to the Technical Operations group on current projects
What do we require from you?
- Two-year diploma from a Technical School or equivalent experience
- CTS certification from ICIA or other Manufacturer based certifications a plus (AMX, Biamp, Crestron, ClearOne, Extron, Planar, RBG Spectrum, Polycom, Tandberg, etc…)
- 3-5 years’ experience with audio-visual, corporate video, or other related systems
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small cramped places
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be insurable
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment with dynamic growth opportunities
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- #1576 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
- #2 on SCN’s Annual List of Top 50 Systems Integrators
- Internationally recognized: Digital Studio Award at CABSAT 2019 in Dubai; InAVation Award at ISE 2019 in Amsterdam
- Recognized among “Elite 150” on CRN’s 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 list
- CEO Awarded 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year in New Jersey
- Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
- 2017 Integrator of the Year
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and those with disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA