On-Site Audio Visual Service Technician - NYC, NY (DGS)
provides technical and operational support of audio-visual equipment and systems located within the following types of environments: business/corporate offices, divisible conference rooms, Cisco based collaboration rooms, and open areas (digital signage).
Audio Visual solutions may utilize technologies which may include: Video Teleconferencing; Polycom RealPresence; Cisco TelePresence; Acano Systems; Crestron, AMX, or Utelogy Controls; Dante; Biamp; Extron; Video Walls; Barco, Planar, Cyviz, Prysm, Vuwall Displays; Evertz technology; VBrick technology; Digital Signage Systems; Unified Communications; and, Skype for Business.
Diversified provides financial support and paid time for continued education leading to industry certifications and employee career development.
What part will you play?
What will you be doing?
- Provide customers an elevated level of AV tech competencies & support
- Develop an on-going customer relationship, resulting in future customer loyalty
- Complete Preventative Maintenance visits to ensure all customer rooms and systems are operating in an optimum fashion
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions, or appropriate usage
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues)
- Assemble reports and in-house paperwork to record customer interactions
- Provide operational support for meetings as required
- Provide technical support for: Cisco Video Teleconferencing; Cisco UC; Cisco TelePresence systems; Audio (Program and Speech, DSP based systems); Shure MX Ceiling microphone arrays; Projection and Display Devices; Video Wall Display Systems; Crestron Source Control Devices; Wireless Microphones / RF Systems; Biamp Nexia / Biamp Tesira; PTZ Wall Cameras.
- A two-year diploma from a Technical School, or equivalent experience
- CTS certification from AVIXA + manufacturer certs (AMX, Biamp, Crestron, ClearOne, Extron, Polycom, or Cisco)
- Competencies in AutoCAD / Visio adequate to read drawings for rack layout & cabling
- Preference given to Three (3) years of experience conducting site surveys; constructing racks; pulling cable; installing projectors & sub-mounts; crimping / punch-down connections.
- Competencies in Cisco Video Conferencing products.
- Competencies in Crestron control systems (trouble shooting, basic communication concepts and protocols).
- Must be able to be very client facing and work with high level executives in high pressure meeting situations.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small cramped places
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places
- Collaborative work environment with dynamic growth opportunities
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- #2314 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
- #2 on SCN’s Annual List of Top 50 Systems Integrators
- Internationally recognized: Digital Studio Award at CABSAT 2019 in Dubai; InAVation Award at ISE 2019 in Amsterdam
- Recognized among “Elite 150” on CRN’s 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 list
- CEO Awarded 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year in New Jersey
- Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
- 2017 Integrator of the Year
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- New York, NY, USA