Proposal Manager (Diversified Global Services) - Kenilworth, NJ or Norcross, GA
Kenilworth, NJ, USA; Norcross, GA, USA Req #1152
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Diversified is looking to add a Proposal Manager that will support our Global Services team. We are looking for a bring on an individual that has excellent project management skills and the ability to plan an execute projects with a high level of detail.
This position can be based in our Kenilworth, NJ or Norcross, GA office.
This position can be based in our Kenilworth, NJ or Norcross, GA office.
What will you be doing?
The Proposal Manager is the lead owner of responses (as assigned) and responsible to develop, compile and deliver complete, persuasive and compelling professional written proposals. Proposal Manager works closely with both internal Diversified team members (Global Services, Marketing, Sales, Estimators, Technical Operations, HR and Legal) and external entities (clients, end-users, procurement officers, their technical representatives and subcontractors) to formulate written responses to a wide variety of client inquiries and solicitation types. Engagements include Request-for-Proposals (RFP’s), Request-for-Quotes (RFQ’s), Invitation-for-Bids (IFB’s), Corporate Capabilities Statements and Qualifications and Requests-for-Information (RFI’s). Key responsibilities include coordinating subject matter expert resources, capturing and maintaining content detail, developing and controlling the composition of submission and continuous response process improvement. The Proposal Manager supports Global responses (US, EMEA, APAC) and reports to the Director, Global Services with dotted line reporting to Director, Strategic Proposals & Solutions.
The job responsibilities of the Proposal Manager include the following:
• Analyze solicitation documents to derive response structures, schedule, and requirements
• Establish key pursuit strategies alongside Bid Manager and Executive Management
• Collect, organize, publish and disseminate (internally and externally) solicitation documentation to assigned resources; includes initial solicitation documentation and anything provided throughout a response engagement lifecycle (addendums, RFI responses, etc).
• Establish and provide deliverable dates to assigned internal resources (leverage electronic scheduling media including MS Outlook Calendar, MS Teams, etc.); includes general due dates (RFI’s, Draft Responses, Pricing Exercises, Technical Narrative, Submission Dates, Pre-Proposal Conferences, Client Presentations) and schedule changes
• Direct proposal activities involving a broad range of personnel including upper-management, capture team, proposal team and subject matter experts
• Coordination legal, financial, and surety/insurance information from various corporate teams
• Schedule and lead response review teams, daily status meetings and other effective meetings to drive continuous progress and mediate issues
• Facilitate proposal strategy sessions to develop win themes, value propositions and discriminators
• Write, compile & edit proposal narratives with input from technical experts and other managers to verify technical accuracy and incorporate key messages consistent with project goals
• Provide insight, recommendations, and creative solutions based on past successes and industry best practices to develop winning proposals
• Ensure compliance, completeness and consistent messaging throughout a response
• Ensure consistent Diversified branding, performance methods and terms are promoted in responses
• Capture and manage “Content Library” of data from past proposal documents, resumes/bios of key staff, and boilerplate narratives; coordinate cadenced key team data updates
• Develop comprehensive compliance/responsibility matrices to establish assignments and track progress of all required content (when applicable)
• Review and edit proposals to ensure content is well-written and effectively communicates win themes and solution
• Assist and coach technical personnel to support their proposal contributions
• Assess team performance, capture lessons learned and continuously refining process & approach
• Special projects as assigned
What do we require from you?
• 3-5 years focused proposal writing experience
• Equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered
• Proven ability to manage, manipulate, edit, format and publish using Microsoft Office Suite
• High attention to detail when reviewing documents, including spelling and grammar knowledge, and ability to maintain strict deadlines
• Strong ability to maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process
• Self-directed, capable of working well independently as well as contributing in a team environment
• Knowledge of Bluebeam ReVu or other Microsoft Office 365 Software / Applications (Microsoft Project, Microsoft Teams, and/or Microsoft Planner, Microsoft Forms) a plus
• Proven ability to delineate between inquiry and solicitation types and apply correct response structure
• Proven ability to manage, access and use document control medias (FTP’s, Bluebeam Studio, Microsoft Teams, DropBox, etc.)
• A/V & IT experience a plus
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members at all levels
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial time pressure and to perform under the demands set by the company
• Strong leadership to drive people and process
• Ability to make decisions and present solutions to meet deliverables timeline
• Strong process-orientation and commitment to continual process refinement and self-improvement
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects and high degree of team leadership effectiveness
• Excellent project management skills required
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Some travel may be required
But wait, there’s more!
• Collaborative work environment with dynamic growth opportunities
• Committed to the career development and education of our team
• Comprehensive competitive benefits package
• #1576 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
• #2 on SCN’s Annual List of Top 50 Systems Integrators
• Internationally recognized: Digital Studio Award at CABSAT 2019 in Dubai; InAVation Award at ISE 2019 in Amsterdam
• Recognized among “Elite 150” on CRN’s 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 list
• CEO Awarded 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year in New Jersey
• Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
• 2017 Integrator of the Year
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at https://careers.diversifiedus.com/ or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Kenilworth, NJ, USA
- Norcross, GA, USA