Design Engineer - Santa Clara, CA
This Santa Clara, CA or Remote Senior/Design Engineer will be responsible for technical design of a wide range of audiovisual systems.
What part will you play?
The audiovisual Design Engineer is member of the core team for each client or project. Participating in strategy, determining client and system requirements, you’ll provide direction and oversight through the project life cycle. From concept to design development, construction drawings to build support. As the technical authority, you’ll collaborate with support teams to bring your design to life. Through our grounding breaking workflow, you’ll have access to incredible technology and tools to help you articulate and deliver your design while being supported by global resources.
Audiovisual systems include conferencing and collaboration, immersive and experiential, large LED and CLED videowalls, EOC/SOC, video conference, hybrid event spaces with production elements, and Atmos screening rooms and theaters.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Design Engineer include the following:
- Work directly with clients and project team to develop budgets, timelines and manage expectations.
- Conceptualize AV systems designs and determine system requirements
- Provide technical expertise and coordination information to support the architecture, installation and planning of audio, video and control solutions
- Develop the Bill of Materials (BOM) and supporting documentation
- Develop detailed PDF markups for CAD to translate into construction drawings.
- Generate functional system descriptions, complete block wiring diagrams, rack elevations, custom plates or cabling assemblies
- Research, identity, and recommend technology options for clients and projects.
- Oversee and reconcile the complete construction drawing package, support documentation for installation and coordination with architect and other trades.
- Support projects and teams in build phase and complete the as-built drawings for service hand-over
- Consistently maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity.
- Project life cycle is important and learning the standards our clients are comfortable with is just as important as selling new technology and solutions where they fit. The position bears the responsibility to develop long lasting client partnerships & work with team members to maintain the account on all levels
What do we require from you?
CTS-D and/or CTS-I preferred
5+ years’ experience in AV systems design for design engineer
- 10+ years’ experience in AV systems design for senior design engineer
- A clear understanding of project phases Program, Conceptualization, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Construction and Commissioning.
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of the construction process, installation and integration.
- Detailed oriented, independent, self-starter
- Exceptional time management skills with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex issues and communicate concise succinct messages
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Office 365
- Certifications or training with at least one DSP platform (Biamp, QSC, Clearone, etc)
- Certifications or training with at least one control system (Crestron, Extron, AMX, etc)
Not required but a nice to have!
- BISCI RCDD or other certifications
- Cisco, CompTIA, or similar certifications
- 3D Modeling and/or REVIT experience, projects or operating
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment with dynamic growth opportunities
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- #2314 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
- #2 on SCN’s Annual List of Top 50 Systems Integrators
- Internationally recognized: Digital Studio Award at CABSAT 2019 in Dubai; InAVation Award at ISE 2019 in Amsterdam
- Recognized among “Elite 150” on CRN’s 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 list
- CEO Awarded 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year in New Jersey
- Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
- If located near our other California offices, a remote opportunity in a virtual environment may be an option.
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at https://careers.diversifiedus.com/ or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.
- Pay Type Salary
- Santa Clara, CA, USA