Manager of Business Development
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions are currently looking for our next Manager of Business Development. This position is based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit.
This role is responsible for directly managing the Business Development Account Executive team, assuring measurable growth of supervised individuals. This position will focus on sales and service objectives to enhance hospitality partnerships, maximize revenue and ensure long-term growth opportunities.
The Manager of Business Development position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Directly oversee the Business Development Account Executive team to drive ticket sales and retention initiatives with a primary focus on corporate prospects in the mid to large market.
- Work closely with the Ticketing & Premium Seating Management team to develop regular training structure and consistent sales processes for the Account Executive team.
- Participate in the development of ticket sales business plans, including but not limited to pricing, targets, sales/renewal efforts, inventory management, and relationship strategies while analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of sales programs, methods, costs and results
- Develop and enhance relationships with current clients to increase business development opportunities through exceptional service and referrals
- Develop and implement new strategies for B2B account acquisition for long-term suite lease and premium product lines through personalized sales presentations to C-level executives
- Maintain and expand upon Premium Sales book of business consistent with the goals of the department as well as achieving personal revenue targets
- Administer and maintain the following; account and lead guidelines, daily KPI’s, pacing of revenue objectives, campaign management, pipeline management and general ticketing policies and procedures
Work closely with the Human Resources Management team on recruitment efforts to promote a consistent salesforce pipeline
- Participate in managing the Consumer Sales Internship Program which includes defining daily responsibilities, sales training support and overall professional development in order to supplement revenue generating objectives and to create a pipeline for future openings
- Provide client engagement and resolution support for direct reports
- Work with members of the department to enhance and develop strategies and procedures for the sales process
- Will meet or exceed established revenue and prospecting goals and will provide status report on achievement levels and implementation of key initiatives
- Research industry best practices, evaluates opportunities to utilize and implement when appropriate
- Assist in developing events and experiences that will enhance the customer experience, engage prospects and build loyalty
- Execute meetings, calls, and presentations with high-level corporate executives
- Develop staff by providing mentoring, direction, support, continual coaching and performance feedback
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to exchange information
- Influence, develop and implement strategic goal and performance structures and other incentive programs that motivate staff to achieve revenue objectives
- Participates and represents the organization at various networking and community events
- Will maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office, web tools and software being used
- Will be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Maintains professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Will accurately and efficiently meet deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Will adjust work schedule to meet departmental demands
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Sports Management or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Experience working with a professional sports team in a high volume and large investment product environment preferred
- Experience networking with key decision makers and C level executives
- Results driven and demonstrate a competitive nature regarding personal goal setting, achievement, and the ability to consistently deliver
- Highly motivated strategic leader who is a self-starter
- Works well in a proactive selling environment and has proven success in building winning sales teams
- Exceptional organizational, planning, project management, time management and administrative ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, superior presentation/negotiating skills and ability to communicate effectively with prospects, customers and internal colleagues
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship building skills
- Possess a high level of poise and professional demeanor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM and Archtics ticketing platform preferred with the ability and willingness to learn new programs
- Will adjust schedule as needed to meet work goals and time constraints, including working nights, weekends, and holidays as football schedule directs
- May require work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility
A valid Driver’s License and good driving record
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. NO CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE.
- Pay Type Salary
- Ford Field Stadium, 2000 BRUSH ST, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America