Business Support Specialist II - Vascular Surgery
The Business Support Specialist II will performs a broad range of clinical scheduling duties which will include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage referral queue, EPIC in basket, online patient scheduling requests, and provider clinic templates.
- Answer high-volume incoming calls, route appropriately, or take messages as needed
- Schedule patient appointments, coordinate and obtain referrals
- Request and upload medical records
- Communicate with other medical centers, physicians, insurance companies, home health agencies, and patients in a professional and confidential manner
- Offer assistance with various insurance related activities
- Data entry of demographic information
- Scan and file important documentation
- Manage EPIC in-basket messaging pools
- Review work queues
- Schedule and/or attend various meetings and communicate key information regarding patient scheduling or related activities
- Follow HIPAA guidelines at all times, handle sensitive situations, and maintain control of confidential or classified material
- Assist with miscellaneous duties as assigned
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting; prior patient scheduling in electronic medical record system is preferred. Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Must be familiar with general office equipment (i.e. fax, copier, shredder, scanner, telephone, etc.). Experience with patient privacy protection requirements (HIPAA) is highly desired. Must be personable, friendly and work well under pressure. The ability to multi-task and work well with others on the team is essential. Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude. High level organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with contacts at all levels are necessary to successfully execute daily responsibilities.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 12631 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA