Patient Affairs Coordinator - Plastic Surgery
*Applications must include a cover letter along with resume*
The Patient Affairs Coordinator will provide administrative support for the cosmetic program within the Division of Plastic Surgery as it relates to the management of day to day interactions with our patient population and will function as a liaison between the patient and the physician for non-clinical issues.
- Serve as primary person responsible for answering clinic phone and returning messages
- Serve as primary person responsible for responding to non-clinical email inquiries
- Schedule new and return clinic appointments and in-office procedures in the electronic medical record system (EPIC)
- Call and confirm upcoming appointments with patients
- Check patients out including collect payments, sell products, administer loyalty program incentives, and arrange payment plans as needed
- Create electronic copies of patient chart information by scanning documents to the department file server
- Generate patient quotes for procedures and surgeries
- Clean and set up clinical rooms as needed
- Assist with marketing efforts with internal and external events and advertisements
- Coordinate within team for cosmetic outreach events including tabling, education, and procedure-based events
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as required
- Provide cross-coverage for other administrative functions as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week within normal business hours (Mon – Fri) with occasional evening and weekend events.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a health-care setting including patient contact; bachelor’s degree, patient scheduling, and/or EPIC experience is highly desired. Must demonstrate expertise with various computer programs including all MS Office Suite applications. High level verbal and written communication in conjunction with professional telephone etiquette is essential. Must be flexible and capable of handling multiple and shifting priorities. The ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner is required. Must demonstrate the ability to act independently, have excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to maintain positive working relationships. Broad knowledge of medical practice front office operations and medical terminology is highly desired. Familiarity with insurance plans, ICD-10/CPT coding and the prior authorization requirements for procedures and tests is a plus.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.cumedicine.us Reference job #412. All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 12348 E Montview Blvd, Aurora, CO 80045, USA