Senior Business Analyst (Healthcare Business Intelligence)
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado, School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a motivated Sr. Business Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team.
The Sr. Business Analyst will serve as business consultant for the CU Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse. The individual in this role will develop analytical tools (both independently and as part of the MyBI team) and serve as a reporting liaison with CU Medicine leaders and staff as well as School of Medicine (SOM) customers and other affiliate institutions.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain operational, clinical and financial analytics to support various CU Medicine initiatives and programs requiring reporting and analysis (e.g., physician salary support agreements, medical management, clinical and financial metrics for startup clinics)
- Manage the collection, calculation and verification of Clinical Full Time Equivalents (cFTEs) across the entire practice, and integrate this information into the enterprise data warehouse
- Contribute to the development and growth of the enterprise data warehouse through close interactions and consultations with data warehouse users
- Stay informed of new analytical technologies/techniques and contribute to improving efficiency and accuracy of CU Medicine analytics
- Initiate/participate in relevant meetings or presentations to provide subject matter expertise
- Research business problems and create models to provide appropriate solutions to assist in business resolution
- Mentor SOM and CU Medicine analysts in the use of analytical tools and techniques related to working within the CU Medicine data warehouse
- Maintain training responsibilities for certain elements of the MyBI program which may include the design, development and delivery of curriculum and multimodal training tools
- Field customer input through a variety of mechanisms, which may include in person, helpdesk tickets, word of mouth, emails, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with the MyBI team and other analytics teams within CU Medicine and SOM ensuring all parties are focused on their domains of excellence and preventing duplication of effort.
- Work with executives to understand business needs and analytical requirements for requests of the CU Medicine data warehouse which may lead to the development of complex analytical tools, reporting, dashboards, or data element additions.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, computer science, math or business related area and 5+ years relevant financial and clinical analysis. Experience in healthcare, specifically academic medicine, is highly preferred. Must have experience in gathering information, understanding context from several sources, and performing analysis in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations. High level proficiency in analytics using MS Excel, Visio, and SQL combined with strong working experience in the development of spreadsheet, graphing and flow-charting is required. Must also have experience with reporting and/or visualization/dashboard tools (i.e. Excel, Tableau, SSRS). Strong project management skills and the ability to ensure project timelines are met is essential to success. Must demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment working cohesively with others to achieve goals and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be flexible and maintain positive working relationships.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America