Senior Decision Support Analyst
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Decision Support Analyst to join our team.
The Senior Decision Support Analyst will identify operational revenue cycle performance improvement opportunities through proactive collection, analysis and interpretation of data and communicate this insight to key decision makers. The individual in this position will participate in new initiatives as a partner in the original and continuous discovery of the link between business process improvement and actionable data. The Sr. Analyst will be tasked with researching and developing investigative and root cause tools and strategies that positively impact operational improvement.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Utilize revenue cycle data and statistical methods to provide insight into performance based on knowledge of business objectives while proactively suggesting methods of improving operations and implementing methodologies.
- Identify user needs and product requirements for Decision Support products including selection, design, documentation, testing and implementation of products based on these requirements.
- Facilitate strategic decisions through optimized reporting, advanced analytics and proactive discovery.
- Initiate/participate/influence in relevant meetings or presentations to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to executive leadership.
- Support decision makers in using appropriate analytics tools and processes in order to perform advanced data analysis.
- Maintain project plan and priority status for all projects to ensure project timelines are met.
- Assist in drafting departmental standards, guidelines, procedures, flow-charting, according to the Revenue Services Procedure Manual outline.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science or business related field and 7-10 years relevant experience, preferably in a physician billing or hospital environment. An MBA or similar advanced degree is highly preferred. Must have expert level proficiency in report development using SQL Server Management Studio and Microsoft Excel, with strong working experience in the development of spreadsheets, pivot tables and visualizations. Experience in GE/IDX Centricity Business is preferred. Experience in STATA or R; Visio; and visualization tools such as Tableau is highly desired. Epic Clarity Certification (in any Clinical and/or Revenue Cycle modules) is a plus. The ability to gather information and understand the context from several sources, analyze this information to draw conclusions and make proactive recommendations to high level decision makers is essential to success. Must have strong project management skills and the ability to ensure project timelines are met. Experience in Six Sigma or similar methods for process improvement initiatives is preferred. The ability to work in a team environment working cohesively with others to achieve goals and initiatives is required. Must be flexible and maintain positive working relationships.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America