Medical Coding & Regulatory Education Specialist
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking 2 motivated Education Specialists to join our Audit, Compliance & Education team.
The Medical Coding & Regulatory Education Specialist will provide formal and informal coding and regulatory education to all attending Physicians, Residents, Advanced Practice Providers, and learners involved with the billing for professional services. The education will include coding and documentation requirements as directed by Federal and State requirements as well as the AMA. The individual in this position will serve as a liaison between internal CU Medicine departments, CU School of Medicine (SOM) departments, and faculty.
Responsibilities of the Medical Coding & Regulatory Education Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Provide educational sessions for Physicians, Residents, Advanced Practice Providers, and learners involved in professional services billing.
- Sessions may be for new physicians or to present new information including yearly updates and changes in requirements as needed.
- Conduct follow-up reviews after initial training, determine if additional education is necessary and provide any additional training once identified as a need.
- Revise and update all education materials under the direction of the Education Manager which includes revisions of materials used by Audit, Compliance & Education staff.
- Communicate and problem solve with Administrators, Physicians, and Managers, on specific documentation issues and/or training requests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current changes and trends in the health care industry.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration (or related field) or equivalent/relevant work experience. The ideal candidate will have 5+yrs of medical coding experience. Must possess an active CCS-P or CPC or RHIA/RHIT certification; CPMA certification is a plus. Superior communication including verbal, written and group presentation skills are key. The ability to speak comfortably and effectively in front of large audiences is essential to success. High level understanding of the adult education process is required. Must be a self-starter and detail oriented. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to establish workload priorities and balance diverse projects. Must demonstrate consistent and cooperative service in support of faculty, staff, co-workers, patients and individuals outside the organization. Must exhibit and maintain a team approach and facilitate the team-building process. Clear demonstration of a positive attitude, professionalism and leadership ability is required.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America