Contract Operations & Billing Specialist
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers.
We are seeking a highly motivated Contract Operations & Billing Specialist to join our team.
The Contract Operations & Billing Specialist will review all contracts to be billed, identify pertinent information regarding billing requirements and set up the billing process. The individual in this position will perform billing, reconciliation, A/R tracking, and other activities related to third party, med/legal or other professional service contracts or engagements. In addition, the Contract Operations & Billing Specialist will research and follow up with third party contracting entities, business stakeholders, and team members with regard to outstanding contracts, contracts not billed or payments not received, to ensure that all contracts are fully executed, billed and collected.
The Contract Operations & Billing Specialist will:
- Read and interpret professional services contract language, identify pertinent information regarding billing requirements, and set up appropriate billing records, sales orders and related system data.
- Prepare accurate and timely invoices and supporting documentation related to contract agreements and/or med-legal engagements.
- Post and reconcile Accounts Receivable entries in the Microsoft AX general ledger based on professional service billings.
- Review and respond to inquiries regarding contracts, invoices, payments and related information and policies.
- Review existing billing records for data integrity.
- Aid in the identification of variances in accounts receivable values quarterly, and prepare supporting documentation and reconciliations pertaining to A/R for the annual audit.
- Classify contracts for billing/accounting.
- Participate in testing associated with implementation or upgrades of Microsoft Office, AX, Contract Logix or other systems used by the Finance Department.
- Analyze current processes and recommend process improvements and automation opportunities to management.
- Guide departments through Contract Operations processes and systems.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects, analyses and reports as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2+ years of high volume, transactional accounting experience. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related area is highly preferred. Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. The ability to learn and work within multiple systems is key. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong organization and analytical skills combined with the ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks or projects. Must effectively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Strong interpersonal skills needed to train, respond to questions, and support team members and School of Medicine departments/providers in all aspects of contract operations is essential to success.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America