Medical Coding Manager
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
One of the many reasons CU Medicine is a great place to work....we offer our employees coding education with FREE CEUs towards CPC renewal!
We are seeking a highly motivated leader to join our team as a Coding Services Manager.
The Coding Services Manager will provide managerial and administrative oversight of billing and coding within the CU Medicine Coding Services Department.
- Manage coding of professional faculty services for multiple specialties at varying hospitals and locations.
- Provide direction and leadership to assigned coding staff and monitor/manage performance metrics (i.e. productivity standards, DOS/DOP, edit/rejection resolutions, quality coding/auditing).
- Communicate effectively with a variety of revenue cycle departments, physicians and administration regarding billing, coding and DOS/DOP issues and concerns.
- Serve as a resource to faculty, hospital units and main CU Medicine departments to proactively resolve issues in regards to the business aspects of medical billing and collections.
- Meet as needed with department administrators/business managers and clinical directors to maintain open communication and to proactively identify solutions to problems or changes in the faculty's clinical practice.
- Participate in the evaluation and design of CU Medicine operational systems to maximize personnel resources and streamline/improve the process of submitting and capturing coding and billing information to CU Medicine.
- Develop and maintain written department procedures, provide recommendations on Fee Schedules and manage the creation and updating of charge forms.
- Provide resources for ongoing education and training for faculty, fee coordinators and clinical department staff to ensure up to date knowledge of CU Medicine systems, insurance and billing regulations, faculty practice and coding.
- Review and create ad-hoc reporting of monthly billing and collection data to identify clinical areas needing improvement and communicate findings to appropriate parties.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed.
Requires a minimum of 5 years managerial experience and a degree in healthcare or related field. Equivalent work experience with RHIA/RHIT, CPC or CCS-P certification may be accepted in lieu of a degree (CCS-P or CPC certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire). Prior experience in a multi-specialty practice is required, academic health care experience is preferred. Surgical and/or diagnostics coding experience is a plus. Must have in-depth knowledge of physician professional services coding and billing practices. Requires demonstrated experience working closely with physicians and varying levels of management. Must have superior verbal and written communication skills. The ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively is essential.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America