Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Healthcare)
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a motivated Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team.
The Sr. BI Analyst will serve as the primary business consultant for the CU Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse. The individual in this role will identify needs, define business value, develop analytical tools (both independently and as part of the MyBI team) serving both CU Medicine and School of Medicine (SOM) customers and other institutions. The Sr. Analyst will mine data, identify trends and effectively present results to leadership teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with executives to understand business needs and analytical requirements for requests of the CU Medicine data warehouse which may lead to the development of complex analytical tools, reporting, dashboards, or data element additions.
- Provide proactive analysis to upper management as opportunities are recognized through exploration of data to discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends.
- Facilitate strategic decisions through optimized reporting, advanced analytics and data-mining.
- Initiate/participate in relevant meetings or presentations to provide subject matter expertise.
- Research business problems and create models to provide appropriate solutions to assist in business resolution.
- Influence and/or support decision makers to use appropriate analytical tools and processes to perform advanced data analysis.
- Mentor SOM and CU Medicine analysts in the use of analytical tools and techniques related to working within the CU Medicine data warehouse.
- Serve as a lead in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business.
- Maintain training responsibilities for certain elements of the MyBI program which may include the design, development and delivery of curriculum and multimodal training tools.
- Field customer input through a variety of mechanisms, which may include in person, helpdesk tickets, word of mouth, emails, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with the MyBI team and other analytics teams within CU Medicine and SOM ensuring all parties are focused on their domains of excellence and preventing duplication of effort.
- Identify appropriate Subject Matter Experts on projects as well as developing own subject matter expertise on enterprise wide analytics.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science or business related area and 7-10 years relevant experience, preferably in a physician billing, insurance, hospital or other healthcare environment. Must have experience in gathering information, understanding context from several sources, and performing analysis in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations. High level proficiency in analytics using MS Excel, Visio, SQL, statistical computing languages combined with strong working experience in the development of spreadsheet, graphing and flow-charting is required. Must also have experience with reporting and/or visualization/dashboard tools (Excel, Tableau, SSRS, are examples). Strong project management skills and the ability to ensure project timelines are met is essential to success. Must demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment working cohesively with others to achieve goals and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be flexible and maintain positive working relationships.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America