CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers.
We are seeking a highly motivated Registration Manager to join our team.
The Registration Manager is responsible to provide managerial leadership to Registration staff and monitoring activities directly related to the overall performance of the department. The individual in this position will have oversight of staff responsible for processing, entering, and updating patient demographic information into a variety of CU Medicine systems. The Manager will develop, implement and monitor systems and processes to ensure the highest level of effectiveness and continued improvement in the registration process.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead, supervise, train, and manage assigned direct reports. Conduct employee evaluations, staff training and development.
- Provide coaching and develop staff through direct, in-person feedback. Document all development activities and recommend disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Oversee the volume of work created by the interfaces, edits, and manual/paper processes.
- Ensure work is distributed appropriately and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop productivity and quality benchmarks for all positions in the business unit and audit productivity and quality on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with corresponding areas of the two major hospitals to understand, identify and work toward improvements in registration activities impacting financial performance and workflows.
- Monitor and research registration related rejections/denials and implement creative, innovative solutions to improve the accuracy of CU Medicine’s registration data.
- Maintain and monitor the department budget as it relates to hiring of FTE’s and operational expenses to ensure spending activities are within allotted funds.
- Draft and implement policies, procedures, standards and systems to continually improve the work flow, staff efficiency, and data accuracy.
- Maintain current, working knowledge of revenue cycle improvements and up to date information about the payers in our market through literature, professional associations, and outreach.
- The individual in this position needs to be a “working” Manager who assists with high volume workflows and fills in for staff as needed.
Requires a minimum of 5 years supervisory/management experience in a high-volume, healthcare environment. Bachelor´s degree in healthcare administration, business or a related field is strongly preferred. Requires expertise in a variety of PC applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of ADT is highly desirable. Must have exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing and able to collaborate on processes and procedures as an integral part of the leadership team. The ability to establish, monitor and manage to desired outcomes is required. Must be committed to put in the time necessary to meet demands/deadlines inherent to the position.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America