Healthcare Project Coordinator- Clinical Integration
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers.
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Coordinator to support Clinical Integration activities and join our Community Practice team.
Under direction of the Manager of Clinical Integration for the Community Practice Division (CPD), the individual in this position will coordinate and manage tasks related to new ventures and strategic initiatives. The Project Coordinator will work with the Manager and his/her designee to coordinate projects, manage resources/schedules, create presentations and manage documents linked to the support of CU Medicine’s business initiatives. This position will plan, organize and support activities aimed at strengthening the medical staff relationships within CU Medicine, the School of Medicine (SOM) and affiliate hospitals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and support projects of varying size involving multiple tasks and business groups.
- Monitor and report status on projects.
- Prepare for project meetings through scheduling, creating agendas, and taking notes
- Participate in group projects involving a variety of internal and external professionals- must be comfortable presenting and interacting with audiences ranging from outside vendors/salespeople to a groups of experienced medical professionals.
- Assist in the development of project definitions, plans, and scope of work on various projects while maintaining quality standards of performance, functionality, cost and efficiencies.
- Perform, direct, coordinate, and review all deliverables specified in the project definition and prepare reports with issue identification, alternative solutions and clearly stated recommendations.
- Communicate project findings in a compelling manner through the preparation of reports and customer presentations.
- Assist in creating project management documents, proposals, schedules, charters, etc.
- Prepare reports and presentations utilizing a variety of different tools.
- Coordinate, record and distribute meeting minutes to stakeholders.
- Coordinate the work of vendors, contractors, and consultants working on project tasks which enhance current and future programs and business processes.
- Ensure completed tasks meet cost, quality, and schedule objectives.
Assist with data collection, management and analysis.
- Prepare MS Word documents, MS PowerPoint presentations, MS Project timelines and MS Visio flow diagrams as needed.
- Organize, document and track project progress.
- Inform Manager and key stakeholders of status for all projects through verbal and written communications.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described above.
Requires a minimum of 3 years project coordination experience or 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience with multidisciplinary project management responsibilities in complex settings. Strong preference will be given to candidates w/ healthcare services experience.
Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field preferred. Process improvement methodology experience &/or PMP certification is a plus. Must demonstrate high level verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Visio required. Experience with MS Access and/or relational databases preferred. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and successfully prioritize workload. Must be a resourceful self-starter. Must maintain a flexible schedule that may include early morning and evening meetings.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America