Business Support Specialist III - Obstetrics & Gynecology
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000+ providers. We are seeking a highly motivated Business Support Specialist III to join our team and support the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
The Business Support Specialist III will work under the direction of the Division Administrator and Division Chief to provide administrative support for the faculty leadership in the Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology. Faculty leadership includes the Division Chief, Medical Director of Labor and Delivery and Medical Director of the Ambulatory Clinic.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary representative of the Division Chief.
- Establish and maintain calendars for Division Chief and Medical Directors.
- Schedule meetings and prepare slides and related meeting materials.
- Plan, organize, and manage administrative actives.
- Assist in employee expense reimbursements including travel.
- Support lower level office admin staff with essential functions and operations of the division, ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Compose correspondence and communication as needed.
- Maintain centralized credentialing records including shared electronic database of documents such as medical licenses, DEA certificates, and Board Certification Certificates.
- Work with grants administration on potential research.
- Coordinate fellowship activities and serve as liaison with Fellowship Coordinator.
- Conduct medical literature searches as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred) and at least three years’ experience in an administrative role. Prior healthcare experience and medical terminology knowledge is a plus. Must demonstrate proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Power Point and Excel and familiarity with Endnote. Ability to quickly understand and operate University operational and web-based systems is needed. Possess excellent grammar and proofreading skills and strong verbal and written communication. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style. Must be able to perform in a fast-paced, challenging, and diverse environment. Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion. Capability to manage and perform a variety of routine and complex assignments with considerable independent judgment is essential.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 12631 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA