Infectious Disease - Physician
The CHOC Children’s Specialists is seeking a Board Certified/Eligible Pediatric Infectious Disease physician to join our thriving practice in Orange County, California composed of five board certified pediatric infectious disease physicians and three research coordinators. The candidate we are seeking should be a senior or mid-career academic physician with a proven track record in the area of research to broaden the current scope of the division.
The Infectious Disease Division provides a full range of services including:
- Inpatient consultation services to other subspecialties including level IV neonatal, pediatric and cardiovascular ICUs, oncology, and bone marrow transplant (oncological and non-oncological). These service areas are complemented by active general pediatric medical and surgical services.
- Outpatient services which include the only pediatric and adolescent HIV clinic in the region.
- Infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship services for the hospital.
Infectious Disease Division Highlights:
- Actively engages in clinical research and has recently been approved to start a fellowship program.
- Close relationship with the local health department which provides many opportunities for advocacy and education.
- Connection to the department of pediatrics and the adult infectious disease divisions at the University of California, Irvine.
- Highly involved in the teaching and mentoring of residents and medical students.
Orange County, California is famous for its warm climate, with average temperatures of over 70
degrees throughout the entire year. Orange County boasts unbeatable entertainment, shopping and attractions, with beautiful beaches, mountains and the desert all within short driving distance.
- Pay Type Salary
- CHOC Children's Specialists, 1201 West La Veta Ave., Orange, California, United States of America