Senior Windows Systems Engineer
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. In addition to being one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank is the exclusive issuer of the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Official Credit Card of the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, the Official Credit Card of the Big 12 Conference, and the Official Credit Card of the Las Vegas Aviators.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
The Windows Senior Systems Engineer will play a technical leadership role in a 24x7 highly available production environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and articulate, recognized as an expert with Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2012, 2016 or newer), related software technologies and have a proven history of using administrative tools and automating routine administration tasks.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Must be willing to take ownership of the issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to "doing what it takes" to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Triaging as necessary for production, QA & development environments.
- 6+ years overall experience with at least the last 2 years focused on providing technical support across a broad range of Microsoft technologies
- Mentor System Administrators through leadership and setting positive examples
- Serve as the team lead for the group
- Capable of performing design, test and implementation of complex technical solutions and architecture
- Ability to lead and manage system initiatives and new projects
- Troubleshooting issues related to production systems, triaging as necessary for production, QA & development environments
- Work with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
- Resolve errors and alarms quickly and provide timely escalation
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and functions
- Help define and support process improvements
- Full-time position with on-call duties
- 6+ years’ work experience as Windows Server Administrator
- Must have experience implementing and managing 700+ server environments (with server-class hardware and peripherals), located in multiple datacenters
- Expert understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, DNS, OS security and systems patching
- Expert understanding of and experience with IIS, Microsoft Exchange and/or Microsoft SQL
- Strong understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP and VLANs
- Strong expert level scripting skills - batch, PowerShell and/or VB
- Strong experience with NAS and/or SAN
- Strong experience with virtualization technologies - preferably VMware vSphere
Bachelors in an engineering discipline or Technical certification in Windows Server 2012/2016 Administration or equivalent work experience. Microsoft and VMware certifications are highly desirable.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as necessary by the Chief Information Officer.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA