Human Resources Business Partner
Position: HR Business Partner
Department: MLS Human Resources – Major League Soccer
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Vice President of TSE Human Resources
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management within the Charlotte MLS organization for both the business and soccer operations units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR and business functions to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. The HRBP will lead and direct routine functions of the Soccer business unit’s Human Resources department to include the following activities: hiring, onboarding, benefits administration, enforcement of company policies and procedures, and organizational compliance administration.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the MLS HR department.
- Responsible for Talent Management processes by partnering with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy needs for present and future needs.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing/selection processes, and hiring of qualified job applicants, for exempt and non-exempt roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations of employment.
- Provides and executes performance evaluations and performance management processes.
- Administer and manage employee benefits.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Analyzes and integrates trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the HRIS system for MLS organization.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
- Strong influence and communication skills; both verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds or more as needed.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Must be flexible to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and/or holidays when needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience simultaneously working across multiple HR disciplines including staffing, benefit administration, performance management, compensation, diversity & inclusion, employee relations, training & development, and compliance
- PHR and/or SPHR HRCI Certification
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
This job operates mostly in an office environment and outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some travel may be required to away games or for other business purposes.
MLS Charlotte is an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA