Group Sales Manager
Position: Group Sales Manager
Department: Ticket Sales
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Ticket Sales & Services
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. TSE is now building an effective MLS organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community. The team will play its first game in MLS in spring 2021 with all home games being played at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
- Oversee and drive revenue for Charlotte MLS Ticket Sales related to various Group Ticket initiatives
- Lead creation and execution of group experience ideas and programs, including planning events or theme nights for companies, community groups, themes, youth soccer teams, etc.
- Lead the training and management of Group Sales staff by determining retention targets, developing talking points, aligning with marketing and production teams to assist with specific campaigns and game day elements.
- Establish and meet group sales objectives while supporting a culture of achieving individual and team sales goals.
- Sustain a team that continually achieves high productivity and maintains a high standard of professionalism.
- Implement year round communication and touch point strategies to enhance the customer experience.
- Meet with key stakeholders including external clients and internal departments (Community Outreach, Partnership, and Marketing) with goal of maintaining relationships and negotiating deals that involve group sales packages.
- Represent Charlotte MLS in various club promotions, charity functions, speaking engagements.
- Assist in the development, coordination, implementation of game day activities.
- Provide Director with necessary support/statistical data including building budgets and projecting future revenue
Sales & Service Responsibilities:
- Provide extreme customer service to all clients, including relationship building, day to day operations, written correspondence, phone calls, account inquiries, appointment scheduling, follow up, etc.
- Update customer records in CRM to maintain all personal touchpoint interactions and document all appropriate details and information
- Work with Ticket Operations to ensure all accounts are up-to-date on ticket delivery, payment, etc.
- Assist in determining and implementing enhancement programs for current customers to generate sales and retention as well as locate incremental revenue opportunities
- Ensure proper maintenance of Group Sales Accounts is performed and current quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Sell Season Ticket Memberships and Single Game Tickets when necessary
- Assist with overall success & meeting goals of the Ticket Office including, but not limited to, ticket sales, phone calls, written correspondence, special promotions and programs, etc.
- Facilitate special projects as assigned & other duties as assigned by Department Leadership
- At least 4 years of ticket sales experience at the collegiate or professional level
- At least 2 years in a management or leadership role
- Must be flexible and available to work evenings and/or weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Archtics ticketing system
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on motivating and innovating
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
MLS Charlotte is an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA