Ticket Operations Manager
Position: Ticket Operations Manager
Department: Ticket Operations
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Ticket Operations and Services
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. TSE is now building an effective MLS organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community.
The team will play its first game in MLS in spring 2021 with all home games will be played at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
The Ticket Operations Manager position will manage & coordinate all ticket operations-related duties for the Charlotte MLS franchise. This role will also provide support for all other functions of the Ticket Office, including Carolina Panthers games and other Bank of America Stadium events.
- Build all Charlotte MLS events in the ticket system. This includes creating all manifests, building prices and oversee deposit accounts.
- Oversee all Charlotte MLS season ticket distribution, including any design proof approvals.
- Reconcile all MSL Charlotte home regular season and playoff games.
- Oversee all account maintenance. This includes constant, real-time creating and updating accounts in the ticketing system. This is done through new sales, transfers, merges and upgrades.
- Oversee MLS event day parking pass organization and distribution, as well as, act as liaison between the Charlotte MLS and lot owners and operators.
- Manage all inventory of accessible seating for patrons with disabilities and compliance with ADA regulations.
- Oversee fulfillment and distribution of all internal Season and individual ticket accounts. These include Staff and Coaches, Sponsors, broadcasters, League and players.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Service and Retention on a communication plan to Charlotte MLS Season Members.
- Oversee all game day customer service ticket issues, including lost, stolen, and counterfeit tickets.
- Hire and manage 2 full time and approx. 50 event day staff for Charlotte MLS games.
- Organize and approve non-exempt, intern and game day payroll.
- Assist in managing the Ticket Office budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of ticket operations experience
- Must be flexible and available to work evenings and/or weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Management experience in MLS or other professional soccer leagues
- Experience with Archtics, Ticket Master Host ticketing systems, Ticket Master Painter, and the Ticket Master online portal
- Master’s degree
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
MLS Charlotte is an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA