Business Analytics Data Engineer
Position: Business Analytics Data Engineer
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Business Analytics
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
In 1993, NFL owners unanimously selected the Carolinas as the 29th NFL franchise and the first expansion team since 1976. Over the last 25 years, the Panthers have been a highly successful team on the field, winning multiple NFC South Division titles and playing in two Super Bowls.
Since 1996, Bank of America Stadium, located in uptown Charlotte, has been home to the Panthers. The 75,525-seat, privately-financed, open-air, natural grass stadium was specifically designed for football. Bank of America Stadium also serves as a self-contained headquarters for the Panthers and includes training facilities, practice fields, and administrative offices.
Equally successful off the field, the Carolina Panthers organization is a highly respected, well-regarded, professional managed sports franchise. Since their beginning, the Panthers have been known for providing customers/fans with superior service. The Panthers are recognized as an excellent employer and an outstanding corporate citizen and community partner.
For more information, please visit www.panthers.com.
Reporting to the Director of Business Analytics, this Data Engineer will be responsible for performing full stack data work to support the development of loyalty programs, personalization, marketing campaigns and deployment of predictive models.
- Develop ETL processes and code to support the integration of various components of the marketing technology platform including marketing automation software, CRM, data warehouse, loyalty programs and mobile applications
- Builds data marts and data models to support marketing organization, customer loyalty programs and digital efforts
- Perform data analysis in Python or SQL to support team strategy and decision making
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Expert in SQL, Hive, and Python
- Hands on experience with Java or Scala
- Experience with source control systems (GIT)
- Familiarity with star schema models, data modeling and data mapping
- Clear understanding of tech stack required for analytics and enterprise systems
- Exceptional skill and proven track record of highly developed oral and written communication skills; including very strong presentation and collaboration skills
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must exhibit team work, reliability, and dependability
- Must be detail-oriented and must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Must be flexible to work weekends, nights and/or holidays when necessary
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer
This job operates mostly in an office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Panthers Football, 800 South Mint Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America