Regional Sales Manager
|Club Quarters Application- US|
Have you been in a hotel sales environment for a few year and you're looking for something a little different in the world of hotel sales?
Something that the mega-chains can't offer? An opportunity to expand on your creativity, a place that wants to hear your ideas, and a company nimble enough to proact and implement positive changes? Make the new year a time to begin a new resolution in your career and future. Submit your application and resume, we'd love to talk with you. Let's see if CQ Hotels is the right fit your next career move.
Position: Regional Hotel Sales Manager
Reports to: Senior Director and Associate Director
The Regional Sales Manager is a business travel focused position, responsible for growing existing accounts, with emphasis on corporations, academic institutions, government agencies and organizations that can generate room nights at Club Quarters hotels at the local, regional & global levels. This position must successfully grow existing relationships and generate new business opportunities driving higher use of hotels where the account has committed production and penetrate member accounts for new opportunities at Club Quarters hotels.
This person will strategically & innovatively acquire new accounts within a territory where growing these partnerships can benefit from the Club Quarters brand & product and enhance travel programs for the unique experience by the account’s travelers. The position must be performance focused with an approach that is strategic and highly goal-oriented in tactical activities to ensure that Club Quarters is engaged with clients and companies that partner with Club Quarters.
- Gain fair market share of room nights and revenues from a local, regional and global base of existing accounts, through innovative dynamic strategies and tactical action plans thoroughly and thoughtfully executed.
- Ability to open doors with decision makers & penetrate with accounts and respective candidates for new accounts.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts within a defined territory deployment with volume targets and build a pipeline of new prospects.
- Develop inventive & results-oriented Key Account Plans that include a local & regional Objective, Strategic Initiatives, and Pursuit Actions.
- Able to manage account growth through expanding contacts, divisions and activate tactics to drive transient and group room nights through a total account ownership approach.
- Logical and articulate in communications. Capable of holding senior leadership discussions on account profiles, strategies, activities and results.
- Collaborate with the local, regional and global sales team colleagues with leads and opportunities.
- Identify and qualify potential account needs, use patterns, and any other pertinent information in order to present solution-based options.
- Be the ‘market-expert’ on business trends and competitive insight with ability to convey with leadership regarding current & future market information/trends/development relevant to the deployed location.
- Report on account results regularly and keep leaders apprised on production changes including sound reasoning for variances.
Develop professional long-term business relationships with accounts.
Develop and attain an in-depth knowledge of the CQ; it’s programs and associated policies and practices.
Expand community and hotel industry relationships that strengthen and grow customer base for sales opportunities.
- Develop relationships with hotel teams and CQ corporate resource teams to ensure collaborative working rapport and mutual achievement of goals.
Qualifications for this position:
- College degree and preferably 5+ years of hotel sales experience with a business travel focus or time-share sales experience. Managing medium to large enterprises; multiple property oversight is a plus.
- Phone & direct sales experience; lead discovery, qualifying prospects, and closure proficiency is essential.
- Online social-media, marketing and content experience a plus.
- Excellent & innovative communication skills required.
- Strong networking and influencing skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter and prefers no micro-management.
- Effective analytical & problem-solving skills. Ability to make decisions and/or mediate regarding account challenges or concerns.
- Ability to be positive, highly adaptive, embrace change, share new ideas, and operate effectively as a team member and contributor.
- Proven success in a similar role & environment
- Genuine empathy towards customers and colleagues
- Pride and attention to details and organization
- Polished personal presentation with warm, confident and hospitable personality
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce CRM
About the Company
CQ Hotels is a privately-held company based in Stamford CT. We manage a portfolio of full service hotels located in world-class cities in the U.S. and London. Designed for business and urban travelers, we offer accommodations, amenities and services needed to make a guest’s stay to be a productive, memorable, and a distinctive experience. Through membership options, we provide organizations even further value with low, fixed or dynamic rates on hotel stays throughout the year. We are a growing global company with an entrepreneurial, trend-starting culture that builds and operates business hotels in city-center locations throughout the US and overseas. In business for over 20 years, the company is a major success and the concept continues its expansion in gateway cities around the world. Visit www.clubquartershotels.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chicago, IL, USA