Sports Activities Assistant
Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same?
For over 45 years Club Fit staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state of the art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. The organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead healthier lives. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment
and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
Job Title: Sports Activities Assistant
The Sports Activities Assistant is responsible for aiding the Sport Instructor in the management and instruction of sport programming. Sports Activities Assistants will follow the lead and direction of the Sport Instructor. Sports Activities Assistants will help organize and implement quality lesson plans designed by the Sports Instructors for children. Assuring quality supervision and maximizing member experience by providing genuine hospitality and a safe and fun environment for children.
- Assists Sports Instructor showing attention to detail in implementation of quality lesson plans.
- Follows direction given by Sport Instructor to ensure a quality program.
- Articulates knowledge of children’s activities programs and services, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies individual needs of children and adapt activity to ensure each child’s continued success.
- Monitors and interacts with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the toys, sports equipment, other children, and surroundings, providing a fun and safe environment demonstrating a commitment to embracing the neighborhood.
- Arrives 10 minutes prior to class to set up activities.
- Ensure supply closets are left in order when done with class.
- Regularly read communications logbook to keep up with departmental activities/updates. Utilize communications log to convey appropriate information to co-workers and manager (if necessary).
- Keep updated staff phone list and schedule.
- Complete training checklist within 3 months of employment.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and annual Club Fit All Staff meeting.
- Be knowledgeable of other club departments programs and events.
- Greets and welcomes parents and children in a warm and friendly manner assuring that the members are certain we care about their well-being.
- Engage the children in fun activities and make them feel welcome.
- Resolves child conflicts in a swift and professional manner.
- Handle member questions, comments and concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- Remains polite and courteous at all times.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Assists in maintaining discipline and order within the sports program.
- Positive attitude toward work, Club Fit, and staff at all times.
- Punctual for all scheduled programs or arrange coverage and inform manager and other staff accordingly. Uses time clock for recording of hours worked as Sports Activities Assistant.
- Wears uniform including club issued shirt and name tag.
- Maintains a positive relationship with members, colleagues, manager and other Club Fit staff.
- Holds current Infant/Child and Adult CPR/AED certification.
Contributes To Team Effort:
- By performing any and all tasks required maintaining optimal functioning of the department.
Direct Line to Sports Director
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Briarcliff, 584 North State Rd, Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States of America