Group Fitness Class Instructor
Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same?
For over 45 years Club Fit staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state of the art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. The organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead healthier lives. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment
and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
- Deliver a creative, cutting-edge Group Fitness class / program that is appropriate for all fitness levels in a pre-set time to meet on-going member expectations in a safe manner
- Must be an expert in the modality taught and stay current in all certifications
- Format classes to incorporate warm-up, core, and cool-down phases
- Complete all class related administrative tasks timely as required by the club
- Maintain all equipment necessary to teach the class format
- Attend Group Fitness meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Department Strategy and Communication
- Cultivate an inspiring and welcoming atmosphere that supports members’ well-being
- Understand peak times and seasonality and manage subsequent schedule changes
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Ongoing Club Fit Training
- Professional Certification
- Group Fitness Certification and Specialty
- Teach to all fitness levels and various segments of population
- Demonstrate proper forms and correct posture, as necessary
- Adhere to the format specified on Group Fitness schedule
- Be available to answer member questions before and after class
- Substitute for other instructors as needed
- Participate in group teaching to incite excitement and draw camaraderie
- Share industry trends, mentor, and encourage fellow instructors
- Incumbent must be able to;
- Stand and walk around for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Understand and communicate both verbally and written English.
- Follow complex directions.
- Work a flexible schedule as required by business needs.
- Understand and comply with all company safety policies and their requirements. This includes attendance at training meetings as scheduled.
- Direct Line to Group Fitness Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- Jefferson Valley, 600 Bank Rd, Jefferson Valley, New York, United States of America