Golf Chief Engineer - Gold Mountain Golf
Chief Engineer/ Head Equipment Technician
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
Gold Mountain Golf Club
Dramatically sculpted into Pacific Northwest splendor, The Olympic course has garnered impressive awards and has taken its place as one of America's finest municipally owned golf courses. Wooded enclaves, rolling terrain and wide fairways are touted by the Cascade Course, with a long history of providing Championship golf in the Northwest. Stunning views and delicious cuisine combine to offer relaxation and great memories under the roof of Gold Mountain's clubhouse, as well as the ability to host 300 guests for special events. All classes of golfer - from novice to scratch - will find an enjoyable, playable experience. The outstanding conditioning of the courses matches the beauty of the setting.
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Must be comfortable working in all “PNW” weather conditions.
• A basic understanding of golf maintenance operations and cultural practices
• Experience as a group leader or demonstrated supervisory skills preferred.
• Experience in diagnosis and repair of hydraulics, electrical, diesel, gas, 2 cycle equipment
• Adhere to service schedules and routine maintenance programs
• Demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work.
• Ability to write maintenance reports and communicate effectively in writing.
• Can make repairs and adjustments, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, and manufactures specifications.
• Experience in fabrication using welding, burning, and brazing equipment to make repairs to equipment.
• Desire to learn new tasks and techniques to achieve a goal
• Must be a self-starter, reliable, and take pride in their work.
• Be able to manage their time efficiently to finish tasks in a safe, timely and professional manner.
• Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in fast pace and stressful situations.
• Experience maintaining and repairing building’s physical, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
• Ensure the security, cleanliness, preventive maintenance and repair of all engineering department tools, equipment and safety features are in accordance of established procedures and budgets.
• Effectively manage a team including but not limited to recruiting, training, scheduling, and managing performance of maintenance and engineering professionals.
• Ensure all maintenance and engineering storerooms and workspaces are kept in a clean and orderly manner and storing all tools, equipment and spare parts in proper location.
• Responsible for the proper treatment and care of tools and equipment used to perform tasks.
• Responsible to complete delegated work orders in a timely and professional manner.
• Able to work into the evening, nights, weekends and holiday shifts as required.
• Able to provide open and effective lines of communication and address issues or concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Respond to after-hour calls as necessary.
• Reports and addresses unsafe conditions immediately.
• Applicants must have a positive attitude and enjoy working as part of a team.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, and or kneel for extended amounts of time
• Ability to lift moderate amounts of weight
• Ability to work weekends/ overtime when necessary
• Must have valid driver’s license.
THE NITTY GRITTY
5-plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read, write and speak English fluently, required to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to interpret technical instructions, diagrams or blueprints. Ability to effectively perform painting, woodworking and general carpentry. Ability to perform maintenance and general repair. Must have knowledge and the ability to operate tools, hand tools and power tools in a safe and efficient manner. Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Sincerity | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Hourly
- Gold Mountain Golf Club, 7263 W. Belfair Valley Road, Bremerton, Washington, United States of America