About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain
committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland,Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their
needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business
banking, corporate lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international
banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Under the general supervision of the VP Loan Servicing Manager and following established policies and procedures, this position is responsible for supervising and directing the day-to-day functions of the Commercial Loan Servicing area to ensure all transactions are processed timely and according to separation of duties established by the Department Head including but not limited to the Essential Functions described below.
The incumbent generally has 6 to 10 direct reports.
1. Establishes work schedules and priorities to ensure that workflow is controlled.
2. Develops documents and deploys changes to commercial loan servicing functions in support of new products, regulatory requirements or efficiency initiatives.
3. Supervises and monitors staff who process routine loan transactions pertaining to the booking and servicing of commercial loans such as advances, payments loan booking, renewals and other loan maintenance and that work is performed in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
4. Ensures staff is trained and cross-trained.
5. Provides direction and guidance to staff in the performance of their assigned duties which may include coaching and mentoring.
6. Supervises special processing including participation loans, swap loans, non-performing, non-accrual, charge-off and REO transactions.
7. Monitor quality control for all activities related to Commercial Loan Servicing.
8. Research and resolve more complex internal/external customer questions or discrepancies in transactions related to non-accrual, charge-off, and interest accrual calculations.
9. Assists in solving problems and answering technical questions from branches and other departments; assists in the resolution of operational problems.
10. Reviews various system-generated reports and ensure accuracy of loan system accounting and maintenance. Create ad hoc reports to ensure efficient monitoring/verification of loan data.
11. Reviews daily, weekly, monthly general ledger reconciliations prepared by staff.
12. Develops and recommends changes to policies, procedures and programs to ensure effectiveness and compliance with bank policies, procedures, and all regulations and laws.
13. Reviews, creates, and maintains desktop procedures, recommending changes to increase efficiency and productivity, and decreasing errors while maintaining data integrity.
14. Reviews and interprets loan documents, policies and procedures and assures complete understanding and compliance by all personnel.
15. Ensures that all functions are adequately staffed by training and cross-training employees, and that all duties are clearly delineated and performed in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
16. Provides necessary direction and support to staff, and promotes training, career development, and motivation. Holds employees accountable for their daily work.
17. Maintains accurate written desktop policies and procedures.
18. Communicates clearly and effectively with all levels of positions (subordinates through senior managers).
19. Participate in projects for conversion and automation, as required.
• Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience: 5+ years of commercial loan servicing experience, minimum of 3 years in loan servicing supervisory position in commercial loan servicing;
• Skills/Ability: Thorough knowledge of commercial loan servicing and loan products, including syndicated and participated loans; ability to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise large team of employees. Able to communicate effectively, proactively provide balanced feedback to employees, and motivate them to complete department and personal goals and objectives. Must be able to manage workflow effectively with frequent interruptions and changing priorities; PC literate. Strong working knowledge of loan support systems preferably of FIS/IBS Insight; Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access & Outlook
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster in English. Poster- English
Click here to view the EEO is the Law supplement in English.Supplement- English
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish