Rangos Assistant Theater Manager
As the RANGOS ASSISTANT THEATER MANAGER, you will be responsible for playing a lead role in the day-to-day operations, including the concession stand and major presentation systems. Responsible for coaching and mentoring all part-time staff and providing supervisory support with visitor interactions. Perform all functions of the Visitor Services Rangos Representative and Senior Representative as needed, including modeling and maintaining the highest level of performance for all staff.
This is a Full-Time position, and eligible to participate in the comprehensive Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh benefits offerings.
This position will require a FLEXIBLE and VARIABLE work week schedule, including weekday, weekend, day, evening and holiday work as needed.
- High school degree or the equivalent;
- Minimum of 2-years experience working in a customer service field;
- One-year cash handling and supervisory experience;
- Basic business computer skills (MS Office) and ability to learn other automated systems.
Conflict resolution experience necessary. Proven ability to support and train staff and provide direction and leadership in difficult situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing for long periods of time. Some sitting may be required, but individuals in this position will more often than not be moving throughout all areas, attending to customers and staff. Requires ability to speak to visitors, staff and external guests in a clear and understandable manner.
- Take a lead role in ensuring successful daily functions of the concessions area and box office with a focus on excellent customer service and operational efficiency. Assist the Rangos Theater Manager in coaching, training, and supporting the Visitor Services Rangos Representative staff. Provide constructive feedback to the team and report performance-related information to the Rangos Theater Manager;
- Take a lead role in ensuring successful daily theater presentation functions, with a focus on ingesting DCP content, building playlists, troubleshooting projection system issues and suggesting operational improvements. Assist the Rangos Systems Manager in coaching, training and supporting projection staff. Provide constructive feedback to the team and reports performance-related information to the Systems Manager;
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of customer service and efficiency and reports to the Theater Manager any needs to help maintain this level of service;
- Assist the Theater Manager in maximizing the use of available staffing for front-line and theater functions, projects, and special events;
- Assist the Theater Manager in ensuring availability of items necessary for successful operations, including but not limited to: food and beverage products, currency and change, ticket stock, signage, office supplies, brochures, and visitor information. Work to maintain an orderly system for storing and displaying all above-mentioned material;
- Oversee balancing of cash and receipts for Visitor Services Rangos Representatives: run ticketing system reports; provide change; approve refunds. Work to resolve all monetary discrepancies, and any other cash handling issues that may arise. Identify and communicate shortcomings in the POS system by proactively monitoring and assessing it for accuracy;
- Take a lead role in ensuring that information regarding promotions, events and procedures is communicated effectively to all staff as it is received from the Theater Manager or other CSC entities. Coordinate necessary logistical details with other departments to ensure seamless operations and exceptional service at all times. Ensure facility cleanliness, safety and operational efficiency in both concession and theater auditorium operations;
- Perform all functions of the Visitor Services Rangos Representative and Senior Visitor Services Rangos Representative positions as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following PA Act 153 clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
Obtaining the required clearances is completed as part of the new hire process.
Carnegie Museums is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities / Females / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
The above job description reflects the essential functions and qualifications for the position identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The job description does not constitute an employment contract and does not alter the at-will relationship between CMP and the employee.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) requires employers to consider and accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. An individual is qualified if he or she can perform the essential functions of a job with or without reasonable accommodation. An essential job function is any task that is a fundamental part of the job. When considering essentiality, one must focus upon whether the function is essential to this particular job and not to the department as a whole. Some additional guidance on essential functions follows below. Please note that the following guidelines are non-exhaustive. If you have any questions or need additional guidance, please contact Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Carnegie Science Center, 1 Allegheny Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America