Associate in this position is actively developing the skills and competencies required for the Component Technician/Truss Designer job function. The trainee is expected to complete all phases of the required 16-week intensive training program which consists of online training, classroom training, and hands-on experience.
* Under the supervision of a design manager, completes all phases of the Truss Designer training program.
* In partnership with more senior designers, prepares basic roof and/or floor truss designs by reading and interpreting blueprints and conferring with sales and/or customers regarding general details of the job requirement.
* Computes plan dimensions and enters design parameters and layouts per plan into specialized designing software.
* Review plans with experienced designers to ensure they are accurate and conform to standards.
* Produce truss placement layouts for final construction.
* Provide job site support, with the aid of sales associates or senior designers, when requested.
* Learn pricing methods and draft bid proposals.
* Prepare for and take a series of tests required for certification.
* Upon completion of the 16-week training, DIT is expected to be able to design an accurate, simple one-story structure.
Associates degree in a directly related field or equivalent field experience in Construction or Design shops. Prior shop experience and/or construction knowledge strongly preferred. Framing experience is a plus.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family PROMFG
- Pay Type Hourly
- Salt Lake City UT Truss - 2560 W California Ave (84104), 2560 W California Ave, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA